Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I am feeling slightly less than motivated this morning.  I have checked my facebook three times, sipped coffee, and still not doing my morning workout.  I better get a move on.  I wish I had something profound to say or some mind blowing recipe, but today I feel like just pushing through.  Pushing through is underestimated.  So many times we just have to push through even when you don't feel like it.  If it's at your job, a relationship, or even the journey to better health.  Lots of times I don't "feel" like doing something.  Today is that day!  So, I will stick with my routine that I know works, and push through.

I read that obedience is better than sacrifice.
1 Samuel 15:22
New International Version (NIV)
22 But Samuel replied:

“Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices
    as much as in obeying the Lord?
To obey is better than sacrifice,
    and to heed is better than the fat of rams.

 I need to look at this like being obedient to doing the right thing, rather than some sacrifice.  Isn't that true is many areas.  Sometimes sacrifice can make me feel like a victim.  It sounds like so much work, to sacrifice.  Obedience, well that just sounds better.  Lord, help me be obedient today.  To You, to myself, and the call you have on my life.  There are times for sacrifice, but let me be obedient in them also.  Amen. I better go, know that I am humming, Trust and Obey, cause there's no other way, ................

No comments:

Post a Comment