Monday, March 11, 2013

The weekend is over and I am back at it.  Thanks so much to all of you who are checking in.  I took my own advice and took Sunday off.  I would love to tell you that I didn't cheat and I didn't even want to.....but I did and it tasted amazing! I made some rice pudding, complete with whole milk and sugar.  I heard someone say once, "it's not what you do all of the time, it's what you do MOST of the time."  I got on the scale this morning and I lost 2 pounds.  Good enough!  I love to cook and EAT, so that is how I will try to do this.

Exercising is going good.  After having my baby I realized two different things had changed.  #1 I had back pain almost everyday.  I am sure because I had no tummy muscles left and also just holding a baby everyday makes your back hurt, (especially when you wear high heels!)  Anyway, #2  My flexibility was GONE.  I used to be able to get up off the floor in one quick smooth motion, now I had like a three point plan to get up off the floor.  I don't know if I looked at geriatric as I felt?  I have been exercising five days a week.  Nothing too intense right now, just getting started.  I do exercise five days a week.  Two of the days I run on my treadmill.  I try to run one mile.  Sounds easy?  I remember when I first started, my goal was to only stop like 4 times when I ran, then three, two, one and then finally I moved to NO STOPS!!  On those two days I do some "old school" things like sit ups, push ups, and weights.  The other three days I do Yoga.  OK, to all my Christian friends out there.....it's not the Voodoo kind where I let all the good and bad energy exchange places, it is just stretching and basic Yoga moves.  I even have a Yoga for Christians DVD.  Let me just add....it has been amazing!  I can not even tell you from the first day to this morning, I can touch my toes, I can get off the floor in a smoother fashion, AND no back pain.  It feels so good!

I better go!  I will tell you about my new favorite thing tomorrow.....Green Machines!!

No comments:

Post a Comment