Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Most of the time!
Here I am!  With a blizzard, teething baby, and life in general it makes it tough to blog.  Also, tough to focus on this task of getting healthy.  I lost another pound last week.  I was hoping for more, but I will take the one.  I am constantly trying to balance this wonderful life I have.  On my daily "to do list" I have so many things.  I heard a sermon a few weeks ago and the preacher was speaking about the busy lives we lead today.  He talked about what our dinner table looks like today.  It used to look like a family sitting around the table eating a meal that mother had made.  Today, dad is working late, the kids are eating something quick and packaged, and mom is standing by the kitchen sink drinking a weight loss shake.  Hmmm.......I can't stop thinking about that.  It stuck in my head and convicted me.  Dear Lord, help me to be a good example to my kids.  In all ways!  So, I am working even harder to prepare meals that we all can ENJOY, which is difficult to balance, while we enjoy each other!  Yes, there are going to be nights where my husband is working late, I will cave and make Ramen noodles or mac n cheese for the kids, and I will make something for me that no one else would ever eat or drink because it's "too healthy".  Like I said in a previous post, it's not what you some of the time, but MOST of the time.  So, here's to all of us who are trying to get it right most of the time!

We got groceries last night and I noticed some new kinds of apples.  The kids and I got a few different kinds and tonight we are going to sample them.  Dad will be working late, so I am trying to not do what I just got done talking about.  I will eat apples with them, but I am going to make some fruit dip for them!  I have found no better way to make my kids eat fruit, than by letting them dip it in something gooey and delicious.  I will let you know what the verdict it.



No comments:

Post a Comment